“Huddles” are like small groups for small group point people & are found all over the world! Upon registering your Huddle online, we will mail you official SGN swag & one of our leaders will follow up with you to provide you with all the support you need!
So you’ve asked a few people to be Small Group Point People, and they said yes! Now, what do you do?
One of the best things you could do is to create a resource that will help them have an easy on boarding process!
At National Community Church, we just created this resource for on boarding new small group leaders. We wanted to create a one stop shop for all things groups related for our new SGPP. If you’ve ever seen a football playbook that have play by plays included in them or a playbook from a university that walks you through who the team is and how excited they are to have you as a student, you’ll know what I mean.
Here is a sample, and it’s an easy resource that you too could create!
- Welcome page– include a welcome page that welcomes them to the “team” as they step into this new role. Let them know who you are and that you are supporting them and cheering them on!
- Contact page– list a contact page of who they can contact and for what.
- Purpose page– include mission, vision, or purpose statements of your groups! Help them catch the vision and be a part of something exciting! What are your groups built on? Is it a verse? A phrase?
- Testimony page– include testimonies of what God has done in and through small groups before!
- How-to page– provide steps for how they can launch and lead their group (examples: things to remember on the first night of the group, or how to advertise a group, etc.
- Resources page– include resources that will help them connect with other departments such as care and recovery if someone in the group needs a prayer appointment or counseling referrals.
Be creative and have fun:
- Create a magazine
- Create videos to outline everything
- Throw the SGPP a welcome party and pass out a packet with all of the information on it!
We want our SGPP to feel welcome and to know their next step. As Brene Brown puts it, “Being clear is being kind to people. Being unclear is like being unkind!” There’s nothing worse than saying yes to something and then you’re not sure what you said yes to!
Let’s be clear. Let’s be kind! Let’s create an easy resource for our SGPP. Make on boarding a fun process. Let’s help our SGPP know that we are behind them 1000%.